Early involvement of IDS can ensure that further to the provision of the CDM-C function we can reduce many of the commercial risks associated with a demolition
project. Defining a specification and developing a cost schedule allows the project team to accurately determine overall project cost and time, reducing financial risk. An accurate specification
reduces the potential for variations and claims by the contractor while the cost schedule and commercial risk matrix allows any valid changes to be priced quickly and accurately.
- Liaise with Local Authorities and submit Section 80 (Demolition Warrant)
- Develop a specification for the works including protection measures and site finishes.
- Develop a cost schedule for the works and commercial risk matrix
- Develop an Invitation to Bid package.
- Manage the bid and tender process including hosting site meetings and managing technical issues.
- Manage the procurement of an asbestos survey and/or ensure existing surveys are fit for purpose.
- Host post tender interviews and provide tender reports.
- Develop an accurate/achievable project program.
- Provide a site management service on a visiting or permanent basis.
- Provide safety auditing of the site.